LUCIA CONTAINER HOME MEDIA PLAN
We aren’t shy about this project. In fact, we want the world to watch as we attempt to shift the way we think about building, creating efficiencies in new ways, and doing what we can to live consciously. We are focusing on traditional media, both print and television, as well as, digital media, and event/educational outreach. If you would like to participate, we are always looking for new ways to get the word out. Please contact Dennis Kaiser at DK Public Relations (310)989-4481 for all media related inquires.
We will be submitting press releases to a long list of green publications, home magazines, newspapers, and architectural publications throughout the project. Each phase will get it’s own press release as indicated below. Currently we are in talks with potential reality show producers and we will be submitting the project for various national and regional awards. We will be following the entire journey with extensive video, photographic, and written documentation.
On the digital front we will be documenting the project right here on the luciacontainerhome.com blog as well as on our YouTube channel: “Lucia Container Home” – subscribe now to follow us!
EVENTS AND EDUCATIONAL OUTREACH
Probably the most exciting part of this project will be seeing it unfold. Watching 21 shipping containers get craned into place on a narrow 6,000 square foot lot ought to be something to witness. But the spectacle aside, a huge reason we’re doing this is show everyday people what they can do to make a difference. We will be welcoming everyone from the architectural and building community, the green product community, the real estate community, and the folks who are just pain interested in learning about what we’re doing. Below is an overview of our plan:
• We will be conducting private tours and events for targeted audiences, trade professionals, architecture schools, and sponsor clients during construction
• There will be a public open house upon completion
• Once complete we will submit the project for the Dwell and Sunset 2017 home tours
• Our architet, Peter DeMaria, AIA, as agreed to host a special vendor and industry only event on the property to discuss the future of shipping container architecture
• We will be developing a project handout reviewing the materials used for these events